F8T2 LiveCD - fist sight issues

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Tue Sep 25 06:41:02 UTC 2007

1. Can not change gdm language
changing language on gdm-screen and confirming that I want gdm to
restart in czech language shows rotating cursor forever, killing X with
ctrl+alt+backspace, switches to text console. killall gdm-binary brings
X+gdm back on screen.

2. Network Manager reconfigures inteface with static IP
Network manager is running by default, on the eth network without DHCP it
sets ip to 169.x.x.x. If I start system-config-network,
disable dhcp and set INCORRECT static ip (e.g. GW is not is specified
subnet), then NM start to rotate forever, even thou you correct the
problem with static IP setup. Sometimes (!) then also happens that NM
reconfigures this iface back to 169.x.x.x and your network suddenly stops
to work.

3. Can not start Pulse Audio mixer.

Othewise the look+nodoka theme is very good!

Adam Pribyl