where went the handy progress phrases during boot?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 27 11:14:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Adam Pribyl wrote:

> I see them with F8T2, they are just bit dark. What version/image are
> you using? BTW: The "start first boot" message is too long for the
> window width. Just minor look&feel problem.
>
> Adam Pribyl

i just rebooted under 2.6.23-0.202.rc8.fc8 and i looked closely and i
didn't see any of those progress phrases, even if they were hard to
read.    OTOH, i'm not running f8t2, just f8t1 fully updated, if that
makes a difference.

but there's definitely some weird colour issues going on here.  when i
want to build a new kernel and run "make menuconfig" in the kernel
source directory, the window that appears has a much more pronounced
light blue tint than i ever remember seeing until now.  that's
something that has *definitely* changed.

rday

p.s.  gateway laptop, FYI.

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA