how to use NM Mobile Broadband / Edit Connections?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Apr 4 14:18:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 09:30:32AM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
>
> >  Is the NM broadband wireless support supposed to work with
> >  USB-connected or Bluetooth-connected PPP over celluar modem phones
> >  too?  I have a Verizon XV6700 (HTC Apache) with Windows Mobile 6, and
> >  I can configure PPP using the legacy s-c-network application, but it
> >  would be way cool if this would work with NM.
>
> Yeah, I've got a Sierra AC595U from Sprint which is a USB attached
> broadband card and it works well.

So I start "WModem" and plug in the phone via USB, and I get a
/dev/ttyUSB0, but NM doesn't notice.  No new device shows up in
nm-applet.  How is this supposed to work?

I really don't understand "Edit Connections".  I see 5 tabs, Wired,
Wireless, Mobile Broadbad, VPN, and DSL.  Under "Wired" I have "Auto
Ethernet", but Add and Edit are greyed out.  All I can do is Delete.
Same with wireless SSIDs.  I have nothing under Mobile Broadbad, VPN,
and DSL.  Add, Edit, Delete are all greyed out.