live CD grub theme vs installed grub theme

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:47:57 UTC 2008

Martin Sourada wrote:
> I forwarded your message to the art-list [1]. The reason why it is
> different is that Live CD uses Syslinux, but installed system uses GRUB,
> and while GRUB needs indexed graphics (with limited colours), syslinux
> supports more colours. I don't remember why we designed different theme
> for grub and for syslinux though, since the syslinux theme looks good
> even with indexing.

Ah yeah that makes sense at least why they look so differnet, that should have
been obvious to me, but thanks.

> I've suggested that we use the syslinux image for grub as well in the
> art-list (inspired by your opinion).

Yes, I would agree that even with a smaller set of colors that image MUST look
better than what is currently used for grub.  That small golden gem cluster just
seems really out of place.

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-April/msg00133.html

Thanks for passing that on where it needed to be.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used