Orphan nodes in an ext4 file system

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 18:01:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 12:34:07PM -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
 > Is there a way to determine what program(s)/process(es) is/are leaving
 > orphaned nodes?
 >
 > I see these on reboot occasionally on F9 beta on the ext4dev /
 > filesystem (less boot and home).  They are being cleaned up ok as far as
 > I can determine, but maybe there is the odd program/process out there
 > that is not handling ext4 properly and I would like to help ferret them
 > out.

Are you seeing these only the first time after an install completes?
There's an open anaconda bug where we fail to umount the installed
partition correctly. (which affects ext2,3 and 4).

If you're seeing it in other circumstances, did things cleanly shutdown
before the reboot ?

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk