Alt key stops working

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 19:16:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Leon Stringer
<leon.stringer at ntlworld.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for your reply, but I'm using Gnome...

I've seen this in XFCE  on F8, so my guess is that it is not specific
to the desktop environment.  My recourse is to log out and log back in
- it seems to only occur after i have used the VMWare server console
via an X forwarded connection to my rhel4 box.  That does some wacky
things with X to grab input, so I just kind of dismissed it as "it
hurts when I do that, doc".  Also, it doesn't happen all the time.