VMWare Fusion VM lockups...

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 23:00:47 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Fusion lately?

Ok it seems like I 'fixed' this for the latest rawhide snapshots.  Apparently my
VMs had reverted their memory setting to 256Mb which was crashing, but when set
back up to 512Mb the crash does not seem to be happening.  I had set them to
512Mb when I created the VM and assigned the snapshot image to each VM.

When packagekit starts downloading info about updates I still crash on the
x86_64 Live image with only 512Mb ram, but 768 does not crash.  Thats an aweful
big ram requirement to keep a VM running with no apps open though.

The prior lockups with my installed VMs aren't explained yet, those definitely
are using 1Gb ram and I don't think that was the issue because they have swap
available.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
  revoked key 0xC99B1DF3 no longer used