rawhide report: 20080406 changes

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Apr 7 19:42:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 01:51:41PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> >  At least if I interpret correctly what
> > I was told some time ago nspluginwrapper.x86_64 only does not
> > make any sense.
>
> You interpret incorrectly.  nspluginwrapper for your native arch
> only still provides the feature of running all plugins in a
> separate process/address-space, so a plugin crash won't take down
> your browser with it.

OK, so I was misinformed.  I asked that question some time ago,
when I was trying initial releases of ndiswrapper, and it seems
to me that one of answers I got at that time at least implied
that I need both.  I cannot find it quickly now, though.

Also relatively recently somebody was complaining about a flak
from mozilla-plugin-config when only nspluginwrapper.x86_64
was present.

   Michal