F9 Test Request - swfdec

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Apr 10 15:08:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 08:34:55AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, James Laska wrote:
> >
> > > A rawhide test result summary is available at:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestResults/Fedora9Swfdec/Rawhide
> >
> >  This does not look very promissing...
>
> I think that there are probably a lot more flash apps out there that
> swfdec *does* work with - just no one has taken the time to report
> them.

What's with considering proprietary codecs as failures (red)?  Most
flash out there is going to need proprietary or patent-encumbered
codecs.  I still think there is enormous value in shipping swfdec in
Fedora, even if they require proprietary codecs to work on e.g.
Youtube.  I've had success with Youtube, with the problem that video
playback terminates about 3/4 or 7/8 of the way through them.

I say ship it, which is the only way it will get wide enough use and
testing which will hopefully result in these types of bugs being
fixed.