Problem running OOo downloaded from openoffice.org

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Fri Apr 11 01:28:23 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Joe Smith wrote:
>> Installing the OO.org 2.4 packages on F9 beta
>
> While I've already gotten interested in this (lol) why are you
> installing this anyway?  You are aware that what is in f9 is a release
> candidate of 2.4 from mar 16 and will probably get bumped to full 2.4
> within a week or so after the release freeze right?

I try to do some support on the OOo forums, so it's very important to
have the OO.org build installed for testing.

Fedora's OOo builds are generally very very solid, but they are
different from the OO.org builds at certain points. The OO.org build is
a reference point for the 'standard' behavior across different
distributions.

I like to have both, as the Fedora builds usually have better
integration (e.g. with gstreamer, although this seems borked ATM), so
it's often useful to compare the two builds.

<Joe