F9 Test Request - swfdec

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 02:00:01 UTC 2008

Comment at the bottom:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Swfdec#head-2ae0f8ae6fefb6af4e9d40f1d104a65913b30f58

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestResults/Fedora9Swfdec/Rawhide

> Many thanks!
> James
>
> --
>  James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com
>  Quality Engineering -- Red Hat, Inc.

Hi,

Have trouble with X11, as well as sorting out
needed plug-ins and such in a F8 x86_64.

Question:

As I have downloaded all web browsers from Fedora,
I just wonder if it would be possible to set up
a browser with "swfdec" and codecs that are considered
acceptable ?

I would need help to sort out such a thing, but
perhaps
it could be interesting for testing ?

Firefox is the most used browser, and perhaps a
specially stripped browser would be an idea ?

( About patents, legal codecs, mp3, et al. - well,
correct me if I am wrong, but some new hardware have
some decoders in hardware. If so, I have a problem
to see that it would be wrong to use them. Guess the
obstacle is lack of info about these devices, and
kept somewhat as a secret - at least I have been told
that such things exist )

//ARNE