Using encrypted disks

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 00:40:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 06:33:37 -0700,
>   Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > I've been using multiple encrypted partitions on a USB hard drive for
>  > a while, but I haven't figured out how to get the LUKS/gnome-mount
>  > popup to identify the partition (it just identifies the drive).
>  >
>  > Any idea on how to do this?
>
>  I am not sure what special about that casing is resulting in you not
>  getting prompted for a password, but udev (and its rules) would be
>  where you can customize this.

I think you misunderstand.

I get prompted (via pop up window that identifies the drive and asks
for the password).   I attach a typical prompt window.

The problem is that I have several encrypted partitions on the same
drive.  How am I to know which password to enter in each window?

Any idea on how to customize the prompts to add the partition name,
label, some identifying string, and/or the mount point?

tom
--
Tom London