Nvidia 173.08 and Rawhide

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Apr 13 14:09:40 UTC 2008

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 16:47 -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:
>> Mike Chambers wrote:
>>> nv is detected and used, but would nouveau work better?
>> Try it, no way to know until you do.  Some people say nouveau works better on
>> their machines, I find it to be about equal (except X starts slower with it).
>
> Tried it while ago, and got traceback and wouldn't work.  nv works just
> fine for now.  Will try again later and bz it if it does or do a search
> for existing one if need be.

I had serious kernel problems with the nouveau. It even launched some
kernel oops GUI and sent it off somewhere for analysis after changing
back to the vesa driver. I don't know what program it is but hopefully
the information is useful in order to debug the nouveau errors related
to the kernel.
nv does not work at all. I have not tried the binary nvidia driver
version since it was changed to work with rawhide.

Jim