kstars livelocks

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:38:47 UTC 2008

I BZ'd this a while ago, but the problem continues.  This message is in
the hope of flushing out more data.

Usually when I start kstars, the program livelocks before the words of
the tips dialog are rendered.  Sometimes, it runs long enough to dismiss
the tips dialog and invoke another dialog (set time) and then it locks
up after dismissing that.  On the only other type of run, after missing
the tips dialog, the sky ran for about 30 seconds before locking up.

By livelock, I mean the program uses 100% CPU time with no program.  I
terminate program by using the window manager's X, and then selecting
Force Quit.

	-Paul