VirtualBox on F9

Gerry Tool gerrytool at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 00:00:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 06:31:45PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
>  > Has anyone succeeded in installing VirtualBox on F9 Beta?  If so, a
>  > short description of how to accomplish that would be appreciated.
..
>  I might have tried doing it from the fedora8 rpm, but if I remember
>  correctly, it didn't work.

That was what I tried to do.  The installer complained that it needed
libcrypto.so.6.  I looked for that with Yum and had no luck and then
posted my question.

>  If the question is simply, can it be done, the answer is definitely yes,
>  though I don't think the rpm they have right now works.

Thanks; when I have more time I'll come back to your comments to try
to build it, and hope in the meantime that someone prepares a working
rpm for F9.

Gerry