How to download a file without installing?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:00:55 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 16:31, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 16:25 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I had forgotten that even doing a localinstall
> > checks the repos before starting.
>
> -C ?

It's time to admit defeat on this one.  I've set selinux to permissive.  I've
rebooted and relabelled.  I can't even get konsole to run, so no command-line
work is possible.  I did hope briefly that simply opening the package with
the installer might realise that I just wanted a localinstall, but of course
you can't add any parameters to that.  It  looks like a dead-end on that
laptop.

Anne