A question about freenx

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 21:11:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 08:12:35PM +0000, mike wrote:
> I have successfully been using vnc as a means for remote management of fedora
> machines for some years.  I have just spotted that there are two recently
> approved packages (freenx-server and freenx-client) that will become available
> soon, but I have never used freenx in any of its forms previously.

I missed that announcement.  The server has been available for awhile,
but the docs are way out of date, or were for Fedora 8, anyway.  I have
something about it at http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/rhnx.html.

Interesting about the client--for a long time, people have just been
using nomachine.com's free (as in Free Diet Mountain Dew) one.

> Does anyone know if the same functionality can be achieved with freenx?
> In addition are there any good howto articles that are up to date?

My page is the only one that I know of that is up to date.  (Along with
the CentOS wiki to which my page has a link, but CentOS' version is a
bit better organized.)

Note that my page starts with using the nomachine commerical version,
you'll have to scroll down for the freenx part.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: We're right behind you, only further back.