default partitioning scenario

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 02:54:42 UTC 2008

cornel panceac wrote:
> i've noticed that during the install of f9 preview (from x86_64 live cd),
> the default is to "remove existing linux partitions". i believe it would be
> better to default to "use existing free space", or "create custom layout".
> this way, the risk to delete by error the existing /home parititon and/or
> existing linux installed systems ( like f8 :) ) is drastically reduced.

The 'use existing space' option might be ok for a default, but I definitely
don't think create custom is.  It is preferable for people who don't know what
the partitioning tool is doing to not touch it, but to be given a sane default
that should install.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29