Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter

ravisagar at gmail.com ravisagar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:46:49 UTC 2008

I have Compaq Presario C772TU Laptop. I has Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network
Adapter. Yesterday I installed Fedora 8 but I was not able to enable WiFi.

1. I tried configuring WiFi using KNetworkManager, but no luck.
2. I installed Windows driver (.inf and .sys) file in fedora using
NDISwrapper. When I tried to scan wlan0 I got the error that "Network
doesn't support Scanning: Network is Down". I then tried *ifconfig
wlan0 up*but I got following error
*SIOCSIFFLAGS..........

*How can I enable WiFi on Fedora 8. Is this problem solved in Fedora 9.

I really love Fedora and don't want to switch to any other OS.

--
Ravi Sagar
ravisagar.in