FC9 xorg.conf

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Mon Apr 21 17:43:23 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 17:44, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 17:39 +0100, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
>>
>>> To set the default xrandr options (resolution, screen layout),
>>>
>> If we're getting these wrong by automatic detection, have ou filed a bug
>> to get that fixed?
>>

> Which is more useful - individual bugs for different sections, or one bug
> defined to cover all the sections so that we add our pieces?
>
> Anne

Hum... I'm not having any xorg.conf file and I have not run into any
problems. ( so far : )
T61p (x86_64bit ) and Dell inspiron 6000 ( i386 )

It would be good to have it posted here first I think and ajax
( or some other that might knows the status of things and could comment
on what has been done and what remains
or if things should not already been fixed.)

A lot of this has already been fixed (some in git )I think ( correct me
if i'm wrong ).

You should not experience keyboard layout not being correct ( or the
same as you chose in anaconda)
when installing the preview release.
( you will experience that with previous releases and the preview live
CD, ).
If you are using any of the other previous releases, beta, rawhide iso's
or the preview live cd then you need
to.

A.
     Use the tool in gnome or kde or system-config-keyboard from cli, to
set the keyboard to the layout you choose in
    ( Gnome System --> Preference --> Hardware --> Keyboard --> layouts
--> Add )
    ( Somebody who uses can kde or xfce for can give the details for that. )

B.
    Add an section to xorg.conf  ( IT IS  GONNA BE REMOVED IN F10! TRY
CONFIGURATION TOOLS FIRST )

If you dont like your mouse speed again use the corresponding tools in
you desktop environment to increase it!!!

If the tools available don't work, then file a bug!.

Best regards.
                 Johann B.