X rendered all white with compiz and i945gm ..and kernel mode-setting feedback

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:16:21 UTC 2008

sipieter nicolas wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, and the links :)
> i see i didn't used the good repo probably, cause i don't have latest rpms
> installed:
>
> [ root at kanzume ]# rpm -qa | grep fusion
> compiz-fusion-0.7.2-2.fc9.i386
> compiz-fusion-extras-gnome-0.7.2-2.fc9.i386
> compiz-fusion-extras-0.7.2-2.fc9.i386
> fusion-icon-gtk-0.1.0-0.2.5e2dc9git.fc9.noarch
> compiz-fusion-gnome-0.7.2-2.fc9.i386
> fusion-icon-0.1.0-0.2.5e2dc9git.fc9.noarch

Yes, these are the rawhide packages that are going into F9 officially.

> on the forums they have 0.7.5.8
> i'll try to have a closer look at that thread

Right, that repo is the latest upstream compiz git snapshots being compiled by
Leigh (thread author), and hosted in the fusion repo.  It provides the most
updated plugins for coolness factor, but keep in mind it may not work right with
your system on intel (I got it to do nothing at all) while it does work very
well for some people... not only are you playing with fire (rawhide) but you're
doing it with a flammable rag now! May the force be with you.

/I am not saying this is not a good set of packages, I'm helping mirror them,
but rawhide plus extra repos is as raw as it gets without ebuilds. ;)

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29