List anaconda package groups

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 23 01:48:57 UTC 2008

Mauriat M wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Mauriat M wrote:
>>
>>> How do I get a list of all specific packages included in a group
>>> listed in Anaconda?
>>> For example: What RPM's are installed with "Fedora Packager"?
>>> Is there some simple way to determine this?
>
>>  # yum groupinfo fedora-packager
>>

> Thanks for the quick response. Using your hint, I found that:
> # yum groupinfo "Fedora Packager"
> also works.
>
> You answered my question, but I am curious how do you arrive at
> 'fedora-packager' from "Fedora Packager"?

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/comps/comps-f9.xml.in?view=markup

You can see "id" tags. Using it works in place of specifying the
displayed group name works fine.

I realized this in a conversation with Rex Dieter in #fedora-kde about
group names. He told he was used to yum groupinstall kde-desktop instead
of KDE and that's when I looked up the comps info and noticed a pattern
in there.

When I try
> 'text-based-internet' it does not work (of course I realize the full
> string from anaconda works). I see that XFCE works but not xfce
> (lowercase).

Try "text-internet" or "xfce-desktop".

Rahul