where are all the desklets ?

sipieter nicolas anarchic.teapot at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 02:15:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Tyler Owen <tyler.l.owen at gmail.com> wrote:

> They just haven't been packaged.  A lot of the desklets don't have
> license information in them so it makes it hard to actually package them
> b/c there is no indication if they are actually acceptable for Fedora.
>
> Tyler
>
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 19:17 +0900, sipieter nicolas wrote:
> >
> > i've been searching a way to easily see how much disk space is left on
> > my hard drive ..
> > i installed gdesklets.. so far so good , but
> > there's almost no desklets available.. maybe 4 or 5 only ..
> > just stuffs like calendar, quote of the day, clocks ..and such.
> > where are all the the desklets gone ?
> >
> >  i can't seems to find this rpm: gdesklets-data
> >
> > any idea ?
> > ty
> > --

i see.. thanks for the info..
though, i think there was a "gdesklets-data" package for fedora8 iirc
can this one be used ?
i'm not particulary after desklets btw.. i'm just searching an easy way to
alway have an eye on my free hdd space..
maybe there's better options ?
i wish gnome had such an applet so i could but it in the panel that would be
perfect