Silly question about panel

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 13:54:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 15:29 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> 2008/4/27 Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>:
> > On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 08:28 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> >  > For the first time after a long time the buttons showing running
> >  > applications on the lower panel disappeared and I can add only the
> >  > application switcher icon.
> >  > How do I get back my buttons???
> >
> >  When asking these kinds of questions, please state which desktop you are
> >  using, otherwise half your audience won't undertand you.
> >
> >  poc
> >
> >  --
> >

> Patrick, if you have read previous e-mails, problem has been solved
> many hours ago tnx to Andrew....that assumed that I was on Gnome as
> most of us.

I did see the solution. My point was that assuming "most of us" are on
Gnome is a) ingenuous (what data do you base it on? -- any stats I've
seen say it's about 50/50 at best, but these are data for Linux in
general) and b) impolite to the rest of us.

A while back I had a thread saying that Fedora is a Gnome-based distro
that also supports KDE. Several people took issue with this and tried to
refute it. Are you saying I was right?

Cheers

poc