Add/Remove Software

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 27 22:12:32 UTC 2008

James J Catchpole wrote:
> I am not sure if anyone has commented on the
> Add/Remove Software function but I find it
> almost impossible to use. Following are a couple
> of comments:
>
> 1) It appears that you can only Add or Remove
>     one package at a time.

I have filed this one. Still on discussion about what the user interface
should look like. Note that the PackageKit allows you to queue
transactions. So you can install multiple packages without the UI blocking.

> 2) The Filter function is almost useless

A better explanation is needed here.

> 3) After every Install | Remove the entire list
>     must be refreshed

Within the group. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see a confirmation
that the package has just been installed successfully. The refresh is
sometimes not visually appealing especially when listing a large number
of packages within a group which is reported already.

> 4) Depending on 'whatever' it often displays
>     Packages multiple times

Already filed by me.

Rahul