F9beta update takes forever

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Apr 30 02:30:59 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you have a reference to the yum bug you are mentioning? Was a bug
>>> report filed?
>>
>> I don't, and I have no idea. Since it was alleged to be under control,
>> I  simply worked around it as outlined above.
>
> Well, I wouldn't count on random claims on issues under control unless I
> see a associated bug report. That's a good way to lose track of problems.

Maybe, but my concerns (getting to play with virtualisation) are
different from yours. For my needs, a "random claim" describing observed
behaviour is a sufficient justification for doing something different.
I'd had to resort to a recovery disk to get a working system, the
imperative was to avoid a recurrence of that condition.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait