GDM Greeter

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Apr 30 10:14:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 11:08 +0200, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> 2008/4/29 Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein at yahoo.com>:
>         Actually, when compared to F8 main greeting panel, it is less
>         then attactive.
>
> Again, this very subjective. I do like the new one much better. The
> latest koji build has deteriorated the animation though which is very
> jumpy now. Current hardware should allow for a smoother transition,
> shouldn't it?

Yeah, it is all subjective.

I thought the new gdm was a little dull, but an interesting proof of
concept.

The background looked like something you might use in grub (the color
space looked very shallow) and as a use of a 1920 x 1200 display, the
design looked stretched and pixelated.

You can't imagine my surprise to find out that the default background
was the same thing (but claims to be for screens 2560x1600).  On my
screen, it looks like someone tried to stretch a 160x100 image to fill
my screen.

I'm a little amazed that everyone picking on gdm, and wondering what
their backgrounds look like, because mine looks anything but crisp and
yummy.

R.

 It's much better on my side"