After updates, won't boot past the word "grub" with F9

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Apr 30 18:44:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:24:52PM -0400, Arch Willingham wrote:

> "You likely mean "grub> " prompt.  Right?"
>
> Nope....its just the word "GRUB" sitting there all by itself...

Ah, there is a big difference between "grub" and "GRUB".  You may
also see only a part of the later and/or the last letter may start
to repeat itself.  Some part of initial grub loading failed although
where this is documented I have no idea.

At this moment you are indeed hosed although rebooting "rescue"
and reinstalling grub may get you out.

   Michal