Bugzilla searches went down from "so-so" to "unusable"

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Aug 8 21:14:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:03:07PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:36:48 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> > With a "new-and-improved" bugzilla finding an existing bug seems
> > to border with a miracle.
>
> In Firefox, open "about:config", filter for "script", then
> increase the  dom.max_script_run_time  value to 60 seconds or so.

Well, it was 10 up to now and I pushed that up.   Which also
means that wait times will be much longer.  Sigh!

> With the older bugzilla, one also encountered those time-outs when
> using machines with less than 2 GHz clock rates.

My "workhorse" machine is way less than that and somehow it
worked ok with an older bugzilla.

> With the new bugzilla,
> the requirement for processor power has increased a lot.

I could not say that this makes me very happy.  Bugzilla was
a dog even before those changes.

   Michal