X11 server Virtual Desktop Support

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Aug 27 18:02:05 UTC 2008

Hi all. I understand that support for the virtual keyword
has been removed from the latest update of X11 server.

Obviously this is why the virtual keyword in my xorg.conf
file does nothing on Fedora 9:

*snip*

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Videocard0"
         DefaultDepth     24
   SubSection "Display"
     Viewport   0 0
     Depth     24
     Virtual 800 1800
   EndSubSection
EndSection

Please could we have virtual support enabled again by
Fedora?

I don't know how I'll manage without a virtual screen size
larger than my physical monitor.

Do I need to post a seperate bug report for this?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

TMDA [http://tmda.net]