X11 server Virtual Desktop Support

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Aug 28 07:36:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Adam Jackson wrote:

> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>     <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> From: Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: X11 server Virtual Desktop Support
>
> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 19:02 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Hi all. I understand that support for the virtual keyword
>> has been removed from the latest update of X11 server.
>
> It's a function of the driver, not the server.  And you haven't
> mentioned which driver.
>
> - ajax

Thanks Adam. So does this mean that each individual driver
for each machine with a differing video card driver needs to
be updated with support for the virtual desktop code?

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

TMDA [http://tmda.net]