Yum and Yumex

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Dec 4 18:24:44 UTC 2008

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> SV> If by 'revert' you mean 'remove all the crap you installed' sure,
> SV> that's very doable and I can start working on it pronto.
>
> Yes, that's what I'm speaking of; hence my comment that it could
> probably be done in bash.  I don't doubt that full system
> checkpoint/restore would be useful to some, but it's a bit beyond the
> scope of some simple yum hacks.
>
> Whenever I've had to get rid of extra installed packages I've just
> checked yum.log, but something more automatic might be useful to some.

I tend to concur, but I also think that you can't keep people from doing
stupid things, e.g. "# rm -rf /".

"Once you make something idiot-proof, nature creates better idiots."
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -