xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.1.0 causing xorg to crash

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Dec 12 17:47:47 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.1.0 causing xorg to crash
From: Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Date: 12/12/2008 10:13 AM

> That crash doesn't hit the evdev driver at all.  It's a bug in the
> server if it's anything.

In any case, reverting the evdev package to what is in F10 stable
stopped the crashing.

> What sort of desktop are you running?  This appears to be in the
> save-under code, which I thought was quite rarely used these days.

It's a standard Gnome desktop. x86_64. (with the nvidia driver *hides*)

I'll reinstall the package tonight and if I get it to crash again I'll
collect logs and file a bug report. If you feel it necessary I'll run on
"nv" and see if it crashes or not, and file report with nVidia. I don't
want to play the blame game though.