Plasma Panel and Widgets

Bruno GARDIN bgardin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:03:01 UTC 2008

I had the same behaviour last week but now it is even worse i cannot
start a kde session, even deleting my .kde directory and restarting.
Apparently KDE is not stable yet. Example:
Like you i had to delete all my kde components and re-install KDE
Desktop environment. When i 'yum list installed kde*' i founnd that
some rpms were missing compared to my running fc10 like kdeadmin.
i tried then to install 'yum kdeadmin' which fails on a dependency
with libkldap.so.4 although kdepimlibs is installed. Trying to remove
kdepimlibs did not succeed due to failing dependencies.
This is why i think it is not yet really rawhided.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 7:46 PM, epate <no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org> wrote:
> Following a recent rawhide upgrade due to python 2.6 release, my KDE panel is empty and won't accept any widgets.
>
> For example, attempting to add the "Application Launcher" widget seems to completely crash plasma.  Others, like the "Lock/Logout" widget, simply put a red "X" icon in the center of the panel with a hover message saying:
>
>  Unable to load the widget
>  Could not find the requested component: lockout
>
> I've completely uninstalled KDE and reinstalled the group "KDE (K Desktop Environment)" as well as deleting my ".kde" directory - no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Emmett Pate
>

> --