wireless password management stopped working

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Dec 10 11:15:07 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 05:24:46 Kevin Kofler wrote:

> > How are you starting knetworkmanager?
>
> It's started by default in a KDE session if it is installed. Make sure you
> also uninstall NetworkManager-gnome or they'll contend control over
> NetworkManager and make a mess.

I'm slightly puzzled by knetworkmanager, which I have installed,
and which is running.

What I don't understand is the relation to nm-applet.
I had understood that knetworkmanager was a replacement for this.
But I have both running, and my WiFi connection seems fine.
I have a new WiFi icon in my panel - it looks like a green globe -
as well as the old one with vertical bars indicating
the strength of the signal.

I haven't actually seen any point in knetworkmanager to date.
It doesn't seem to add or subtract anything from what I had before.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net