Fedora 10 updates-testing report

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:31:32 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 13:41:57 Scott Glaser wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 13:04 +0000, Bill Crawford wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 December 2008 14:09:43 Scott Glaser wrote:
> > > Dec 09 09:10:20 <vallor>        mschmidt: right, but if I start using
> > > updates-testing on this production workstation, and I run into a
> > > problem, will folks help get the system back on track?  Or will folks
> > > say, "sorry, yer runnin' that testin' stuff, we won't support that" ?
> > > Dec 09 09:10:51 <opsec> he latter.
> >
> >                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Looks fairly clear to me ... he's been told to expect little to no
> > support if he upgrades to something from updates-testing.
>
> Bill,
>
> You could say that, but that statement was made by an individual, this
> is not one of the Operators or persons that control the mission of the
> channel.  Secondly, could that not have been an attempt at humor?

My point was entirely that this poor fellow was being lambasted *on this mailing
list* for believing what he was told, even after posting his log of the
conversation in which he was told this. I'm not going to judge or even comment
on the helpfulness of anyone in the channel.

It was just an attempt to forestall the ongoing criticism of ... the victim ...
when it was apparent he's not really entirely at fault here. Nothing else to
see here :o)

Sorry, I probably didn't provide enough context there ...