Browsing the network

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 11:41:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 12:22 +0100, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> In Rawhide (between F9 and F10) I did see some ftp and ssh servers
> autodetected in the network, but they vanished in F10.
>
> Does the user need to configure this ? Does gnome depend on avahi ? Or is
> it simple broken ?

There used to be a file included with avahi that registered the machine
as providing ssh/scp services. That file was removed probably because
sshd should be handling this directly, with a config file option. Alas,
no such config option (or capability) exists. And good luck convincing
upstream to add it.