Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 31 18:06:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 10:12 -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> This does bring up another issue though. If Revisor isn't getting the
> job done and Pungi is what releng uses, why do we have Revisor? Or more
> to the point, why is there not a coordinated effort to share code
> between both for everyone's benefit? We all win of that happens.

They're kind of hitting two different targets.  pungi was written to
handle the task of creating Fedora, and creating things that look and
act like Fedora.  The only features I've really put in it were things
usually necessary to getting the job of creating Fedora done, with some
exceptions.  The fact that people can use it on their own to create
things that look like Fedora is a real bonus side-effect.  The tool that
was used to create Fedora before we merged Core and Extras was internal
to Red Hat, and not actually licensed, and far too complicated for our
needs, so I created something simple and usable.

Revisor adds to this a lot of features and functionality (like a gui!)
that people have requested over the years for making things that look
like Fedora, and things look completely different.  Functionality and
Features that I either was unable or unwilling to add to pungi.

There is some code sharing, or at least idea sharing.  Over time as APIs
mature there can be more code sharing.

Revisor should be getting the job done.  If it's not, it would behoove
you to either file bugs or talk directly to the authors to get it sorted
out.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!