Where has the F10 DVD iso file gone?

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Dec 31 23:44:21 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 10:12 -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > This does bring up another issue though. If Revisor isn't getting the
> > job done and Pungi is what releng uses, why do we have Revisor? Or more
> > to the point, why is there not a coordinated effort to share code
> > between both for everyone's benefit? We all win of that happens.
>
> They're kind of hitting two different targets.  pungi was written to
> handle the task of creating Fedora, and creating things that look and
> act like Fedora.  The only features I've really put in it were things
> usually necessary to getting the job of creating Fedora done, with some
> exceptions.  The fact that people can use it on their own to create
> things that look like Fedora is a real bonus side-effect.  The tool that
> was used to create Fedora before we merged Core and Extras was internal
> to Red Hat, and not actually licensed, and far too complicated for our
> needs, so I created something simple and usable.

OK - I can buy that. Makes total sense and seems very practical.

> Revisor adds to this a lot of features and functionality (like a gui!)
> that people have requested over the years for making things that look
> like Fedora, and things look completely different.  Functionality and
> Features that I either was unable or unwilling to add to pungi.
>
> There is some code sharing, or at least idea sharing.  Over time as APIs
> mature there can be more code sharing.

Also sensible and provides hope for more in the future.

> Revisor should be getting the job done.  If it's not, it would behoove
> you to either file bugs or talk directly to the authors to get it sorted
> out.

Well - a little good new here. After beating on Revisor most of the
afternoon today, I managed to get it to actually create a 64-bit DVD
Install ISO! I'm going to try it out on a virtual machine in a minute to
see how it does. Next up will be 64-bit live media.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find updated documentation. The Revisor
Wiki pages only show stuff through version 2.0.5 while F10 has 2.1 and
I've already read through all of that...

Cheers,

Chris

--
By all means marry;