Rawhide xdvik obsoleted by F8 tetex-xdvi

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:52:16 UTC 2008

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I'm trying to use texlive packages from Rawhide on an F8 installation.
>
> I first installed from jnovy's F8 texlive repo, then updated from
> Rawhide.  The texlive repo's xdvi package replaces tetex-xdvi, Rawhide's
> xdvik package replaces jnovy's xdvi, but the tetex-xdvi package in F8
> updates replaces xdvik.

I think you need to pick one of the three sources to be authoritative and go
with it.  What you've found is that they are not all consistent (which is fine).
  You can use the yum-versionlock plugin to prevent a specific package from
being updated, or you can use yum-priorities to just keep one repository higher
priority than another.  Since you're trying to get texlive from rawhide to work,
just use what rawhide is providing.

There may be a real dependency issue on the F8 package updating a rawhide
package.  If you can post the versions maybe someone can look at that.