rawhide slow like a snail because of kernel debugging?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 01:42:23 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:11:44 +0100, drago01 wrote:
>
>> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Anyway, under such circumstances it's not attractive enough for daily
>>> evaluation. It's no match against F8.
>>>

>> Can you try to install a F8 kernel to see if its any better?
>
> That's something I've planned. I just hope there won't be many
> dependency problems.

  rpm and --oldpackage work as well to bring in old kernels and
kernel-devel without any problems or conflicts

  uname -r
2.6.23.14-115.fc8

The fc9 kernels still lock up my wireless. I believe the latest fc8
kernel also breaks wireless for me but does not lock bootup at network
start as the fc9 kernels do.

Jim