How GNU/Linux Gets Contaminated with Software Patents from the Back Door

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Feb 20 11:36:31 UTC 2008

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 12:45 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
>> sure, but i suppose it will be better to have an distinct channel just
>> like there's a distinct mailing list.
>
> There have been talks of dissolving this list into -devel.

That would be too bad for a merge to happen. The devel list has a
different aim than the test list does.

Also, mono contamination is not something that I want on the distro. I
don't care if it is available as long as it is not pulled in by applets
or minor programs. So far there has been care to keep mono off for those
that do not want the pollution on their systems.
Jim

--
If while you are in school, there is a shortage of qualified personnel
in a particular field, then by the time you graduate with the necessary