Keyboard depends on iptables ?

Adrin Jalali adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:37:51 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 19:22 +0100, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yum erase iptables
>>
>> want`s to remove my keyboard-config ?
>>
>> This strikes me.
>>

> firstboot depends on iptables
> system-config-keyboard depends on firstboot
>
> removing iptables removes firstboot which removes system-config-keyboard

But is it normal? system-config-keyboard has what to do with firstboot?
As far as I know firstboot runs once after install. So how is it related
to system-config-keyboard? Don't you think that this dependency is
unusuall and must be removed? Maybe there should be a library on which
firstboot and system-config-keyboard depends.