Rawhide report

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:48:28 UTC 2008

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Rawhide on a Core Duo and Nvidia 7950 - selecting Desktop Effects
> replaces the desktop with a non functional white screen,
> but the cursor and ctrl-alt-bs still work.  This is with default X
> settings.

Probably an opengl issue, so it would be good to note whether this was the nv or
nouveau driver at the time.  Compiz seems to require direct rendering on my
nvidia card and fails right now when it must go indirect rendering and software
gl.  This really isn't that big an issue since it is practically useless in
software anyway and the 'nice eye candy' really does require the native nvidia
driver to perform tolerably.

> I would like to see the next release support the following.
> Desktop: Compiz and all the nice eye candy.  Blackberry support.
>
> Server: Effective SPAM filtering including sender verification,
> easy and intuitive to set up.   Blackberry Enterprise mail server.

Is spamassassin not effective?