Can't switch consoles

Don't think I saw anything on the list about this, sorry if I'm remembering incorrectly. Don't see anything in bugzilla.

With today's rawhide, running the openchrome server, I can't switch to VT 1 by hitting ctrl-alt-F1 from inside X. I'm fairly certain this used to work. I have to run "sudo chvt 1" in a shell window.