Trying to install F9 alpha failed

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 19:09:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 07:55 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 16:06:52 -0500, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > But if you have a tree, running buildinstall from the anaconda-runtime
> > package should be working fine at this point.  And hopefully the next
> > step of making it easier for someone to build their own images will be
> > landing in the next day or three.
>
> I tried the build part (remotely, so I didn't test the install part)
> and saw a lot of warnings and/or errors while trying to match up packages.
> For example there was an error about beecrypt, which was still in the comps
> file last I checked, even though it has been removed. Are those errors
> something I should be worried about, or is that normal?

They're pretty normal.  We don't tend to go through and cull the list of
packages as things go away, instead only adding new things.  One of
these days, I'm going to see about basing the packages installed
directly on the file list rather than on a package list.  But it's lower
on my priority list at the moment than some other things

Jeremy