KDE 4 live image for i686

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Jan 1 21:14:27 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler <at> chello.at> writes:
> I tested the live CD on my primary computer (Pentium 4, Radeon 9200SE). What

Some more testing:

* I tried out the KWin desktop effects:
- the good news: The effects work nicely on this hardware (r200_dri).
- the bad news: Some effect changes crash KWin (SIGSEGV). Once it restarts
automatically, the changed effects are applied just fine, but it shouldn't
segfault in the first place. A change as simple as disabling desktop effects
crashes it (whereas enabling them doesn't). Changes in the widget style effects
crashed it too, so I wonder if it's the "updating system configuration" stuff
which crashes it.

* For some reason, the restart and logout options in the menu didn't work.
(They just did nothing. No clue as to what the actual problem was.) I had to
Ctrl+Alt+Bksp and then use the restart option in KDM to be able to reboot into
my regular Fedora 8 installation.

        Kevin Kofler