Re: gcc-4.3.0-0.4 and building kernel src.rpm

gjohnson5 wrote:

1. ok didnt know for sure
2. gcc , and the kernel come from koji...  only reason I tried it was
testing , I don't necessarily need to use if you are implying that I should
not use the latest gcc from koji to compile Fedora kernel src.rpm
What documentation is available for compiling kernels for Rawhide?  I will
definitely read it

I'm not saying anything about which compiler you should use, I don't know. I do know that in the past is has mattered.

The documentation you need to read is in the kernel source. It gives a full list of the software you need, how to test whether you have the right version.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait