Re: named: unrecognized service?

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Michael Schwendt (mschwendt tmp0701 nospam arcor de) said:
With a result like

  $ /sbin/service blah status
  blah: unrecognized service

on F8 and following "grep unrec /sbin/service", my first assumption
was not that the initscript was lacking -x permission, but that it
was missing.

It's a simple change from -x to -f; fixed in CVS.

All the services I have are executable for everyone. I'm not sure your change is the right one, Bill. A different error message, or even improved diagnosis:
a. ... does not exist
b. I cannot execute ....

and /etc/init.d/named should be 0755, not 0754.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait