Question about updates....

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:13:52 UTC 2008

2008/1/14, Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com>:
> Antonio M wrote:
> > Why my system is not updating?? I mean that for example I have
> > xorg-x11-server-1.4.99.1-0.13.fc9 installed, if I issue a yum update
> > all nothing is updated even after a yum clean all but I see in Fedora
> > repository...
> >
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.4.99.1-0.15.20080107.fc9.i386.rpm
>
> Find out which mirror you're connecting to, and check that it is updated.  If
> you're connecting to the above then get the depsolver output from yum by turning
> up the debuglevel in /etc/yum.conf and see if its ignoring that update.
> Download the update manually and see if rpm -i complains about it.
>

> --
> Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
>   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 fingerprint CDEC 6FAD BA27 40DF 707E A2E0 F0F6 E622 C99B 1DF3
> No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel Geer
> ----                                                                       ----
>
> --

Tnx Andrew

This is my repo file for development...I inserted a # in front of the
mirror line and deleted same # in front of baseurl, and of course it
worked.
But I understand that something strange is happening....
[development]
name=Fedora - Development
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=i386
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-test
file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag